As part of the founding SciCATS team, I work with other science communicators and researchers to create and deliver open-source communication training.
Background: The SciCATS (Science Communication Action Team, uh, Something) are a group of cheeky Vancouver-area science communicators (and cat fans) committed to making science communication training accessible to everyone.
Challenge: We set out to empower scientists to creatively and confidently share their research, by developing and delivering free, open-source science communication training and resources.
Actions: We’ve developed and deliver invited science communication workshops reaching thousands of researchers since 2016. Workshops include: Online Science Communication, Telling your science as a story, & SciComm 101.
Results: SciCATs continues to grow and develop with ongoing workshops.
- I am your nurse – Employee Engagement and Communications
- Compassionate Eye Foundation – Leadership and Strategy
- Mithaas – Project Strategy & Health Communications
- Video Production
- C2U Expo – Presentations and Event Management
- Centre for Women in Politics – Branding, Events and Project Management
- International Women’s Day – Event and Project Management
- Action ADE – Project Website and Design